1 tube of Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
12 oz. cream cheese (low fat works well, but nonfat doesn’t)
1 to 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
2 tsp. lemon juice
Selection of sliced fruit (suggestions: strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges, pineapple, bananas, kiwi peaches)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Press the tube of cookie dough evenly onto a standard pizza pan.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and allow to cool completely.
4. If cream cheese is not the whipped kind, soften it slightly in the microwave or bring it to room temperature ahead of time.
5. Using an electric mixer, blend the lemon juice and the cream cheese, then add the confectioner’s sugar gradually until you have the consistency of a fruit dip.
6. Spread this filling onto the cooled cookie.
7. Decorate in patterns, or randomly, with fruit, covering the entire surface.
8. Cut with pizza cutter and serve in wedges.
If fresh fruit is not in season, canned or frozen can be substituted (except for bananas).